Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pamper Me Day

Today has been sort of a "pamper me" day so far. I started at the Beauty Shop with a shampoo, cut and blow dry--and yay! She got it to look as good as Rick!!!

Then I went to a place called-I kid you not--California Pro Nails. I got the spa special manicure and pedicare. While you get your pedicare you are seated in this fantastic massage chair. I've been in massage chairs before, but this one is the best ever! If I had one at home, I'd never leave the house! The spa pedicure included all the trimmings--exfoliation, foot and leg massage, hot wrap for my feet, and of course, the polish, which is--what else?--California Raspberry! Then to the nail table and the same--soak, massage, polish to match.

I came home and fixed a healthy lunch--did I forget to mention I had a healthy breakfast?--and now, as I sip my Chinese green tea, I'm pondering how to spend the rest of my afternoon.

It's a gorgeous day and if I hadn't just had my nails done, I'd be inclined to putter in the yard. That would be a recipe for disaster for sure. I've got a really busy four days coming up, cumulating with 8 people coming for dinner Sunday night (mustard-crusted salmon, tabouleh, and whatever the others bring.) Some of the other activities involve eating out, so I will need to be careful. I don't want to sabotage my good efforts so far. I'd like to keep my nails decent at least through Sunday, so I'll think of something to do indoors.

I've been eBaying, and bought some plastic under-bed storage boxes for my "fat clothes". Believe it or not, one bag is already over half full. It's amazing how fast stuff has become loose, especially items that were not snug to start with. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! Funny, I used to hate to weigh and avoided the scales like the plague. Now I can't wait for Friday morning to see what's what.

I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow (routine appt), and I expect he'll be annoyed with me at first, since I suspect I may weigh a little more on their scale than I did the last time I was there. I hope he'll be patient enough to let me explain what has taken place in the meantime, and my current determination to get my healthy life back. Some of you know that I had planned to ask him for a referral to a pain clinic, but guess what? I don't believe that's going to be necessary! Curves has become my "pain clinic"! Even with what I know about exercise and diet, I'm astounded at how much better I feel than I did 3 weeks ago! (Think how I'll feel 3 months from now!!!!!)

There is a stack of CDs on my desk waiting to be uploaded to my iPod. I think that's what I'll do the next hour or so, since I love having my music to take wherever I go. I especially enjoy piling up with my pillows at bedtime with my iPod and a good book--more pampering!

I guess I've finally decided it's OK to be good to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how wonderful that you go a day of pampering. Enjoy your dinner and guests on sunday. Good luck at the dr. visit.

Luv ya

Claudia said...

You sound absolutely fabulous. I'm sooo happy to hear you are making time to take care of you. Richard would be proud and I am too!!!

Love ya,
Claudia

hot tamale said...

Great news Vennie. You are one smart cookie!!

TitansFan said...

That sounds a lot like the new Pedicure Massage Chair my wife had installed at her spa. It was a huge hit on Mothers day. She has me booked for Fathers day so I'm hoping it is as good as the one you visited.